he characters perform in every episode. Furthermore, many bloggers have been taking an interest in the show and its cult following. One blogger from gawker.com, Brian Moylan, has noticed not only their shenanigans on the show, but now that they have achieved some level of celebrity, off the show as well. He rants to fans of the show and whomever else will listen about how the cast members are "behaving badly in clubs, being obnoxious on planes, and canceling scheduled appearances." Moylan's tone is angry throughout the blog, constantly griping about how "their misadventures are going to get tired very quickly."One important advantage to blogging, which most bloggers have no problem utilizing, is that their tone can be very informal in an effort to connect with the reader and influence their perspective. Moylan writes as if he is having a conversation of sorts with the reader, a tactic he uses to get the reader on his side and to agree with his views. This method is something unique to blogging that cannot be used in other literary mediums. His layout and visual style are nothing special, but this doesn't matter because they would only take the focus off of what really matters- his words. Moylan's blog definitely sheds some light on the guidos and guidettes from Staten Island and Jersey that have been created in the last two months. Meanwhile, it also showcases some of the most important aspects of blogging and its informal, yet influential style.
Really interesting blog choice. Its very unique, and I couldn't agree with you more; the show is very addicting.
ReplyDeleteI also really agree with you about the informal style of writing used as a tactic for connecting with the readers. I have also seen this in other blogs and am now trying to use it!
This is a great topic to blog about because everyone has an opinion on Jersey Shore. From what it sounds like, I would strongly disagree with Brian Moylan who seemed to be pretty harsh on the show. Although it is "reality" television it is still TV and the character's actions on the show make for serious entertainment. That has to be the first thing considered when judging the show and it's what makes me such a fan.
ReplyDeleteI really like the introduction into your analysis, it doesn't even feel like an analysis. I agree that the show is addicting. Even though it is the dumbest show I have seen, I still go back to watch it.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more!! What a terrible show, yet i found myself watching every thursday night at 10, and then sometimes watching the reruns! And I recently heard there will be a second season, so i can't wait to see what moylan has to say about that!
ReplyDeleteI have refused to watch the show, and I've stuck to it. It seems like a show that would annoy me, and its one that I won't even give a chance. Good topic.
ReplyDeleteI love that you wrote about the Jersey Shore. I agree that the show is out of control but I can't stop watching it. It's addicting!
ReplyDelete