Dear future English 110 students,
Throughout this quarter, I have learned a great deal about rhetoric and gained the skills of analysis that I have never had before taking this class. This class consists of very few assignments, and through the in-class lectures, my teacher provided me with a very good base of skills and taught me all the techniques required to do well in this class. However, I can't lie to you and say that this class was easy. In fact, I have said on several occasions that the Analytical Research Paper was one of the most difficult papers I have ever had to write in my entire writing career. On the first assignment for it, I received a C+. On the second assignment, I received a B-. On the final paper, however, I received an A. Alas, I can't really give you any advice that will help you attain an A on every assignment. This is because I believe that you need to fail a few times before you can succeed. No one is going to get it exactly right the first time they try to write this paper. You will need time to carefully revise it, listen to criticism, and correct your mistakes.
So don't be discouraged when you get a C on your primary source analysis. Just read your teacher's comments and take them in. As long as you listen to these criticisms, after several revisions and corrections, you will be well on your way to an A.
Love,
A Former English Student
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment